Saturday, July 11, 2015

Chicken are injected salt water

Posted by Rajesh KC - July 11, 2015:
Would you pay $8.99 a pound for salt water? If you are purchasing your chicken at a big chain supermarket, you are!

The other day I was walking through Fred Meyer. Although Fred Meyer has a great natural food section, I don’t usually purchase my meats and chicken at Fred Meyer. I prefer organic, grass fed and local, if at all possible. I want to know where my meat comes from and frankly I don’t trust the labeling or the meat and poultry products that are sold at the big chain grocery store. Today’s post will shed some light on why I feel this way.

I noticed a new product in the poultry section. The packaging on these chickens made me stop and look. Even with a trained eye, my immediate thought when I saw this packaging was, ‘Great! They are now carrying an organic heritage chicken!’

Heritage chickens are a defined breed of chickens by the American Poultry Association. They are raised naturally (this is in the true sense of the term ‘naturally’ and not the industry sense of the term). They must reproduce naturally, have a long and productive OUTDOOR lifespan and have a slow growth rate.

Popular Posts