Friday, May 8, 2015

Man pulled alive from rubble lost one leg

Posted by Anup Baral May 08, 2015 :
Rishi Khanal was pulled from the rubble of a collapsed hotel by a French rescue team more than three days after the Nepal earthquake says he drunk his own urine to survive.However,he managed to serviced but later in hospital he had to loose his one leg.
Rishi Khanal, 27, had just finished lunch at a hotel in Kathmandu and had gone up to the second floor when the building suddenly started to move and fall apart. He was struck by falling masonry and his foot became trapped under rubble. Nepal earthquake: how to donate Read more “I had some hope but by yesterday I’d given up. My nails went all white and my lips cracked … I was sure no one was coming for me. I was certain I was going to die,” he said from his hospital bed on Wednesday. Khanal was surrounded by dead bodies and a terrible smell. But he kept banging on the rubble all around him and eventually this attracted the attention of a French rescue team, which extracted him after an operation lasting several hours. By the time he was pulled out, Khanal had been trapped – in what could have become his tomb – for 82 hours.

Popular Posts